Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 3: Fun Bun!


I know I looked ticked, but I'm really squinting from the sun.

This morning, I woke up to a surprisingly normal-looking 'do. I didn't even have to use baby powder. Touching it was an entirely different matter; it felt really gross, as if I'd rubbed it with Crisco the night before. Yuck. I figured I'd put it up in a messy bun ("fun bun" as my baby sister used to call it) and it'd probably still be presentable. I was right. Thanks for the suggestion, Nicole!

It's nice not having to wash your hair when you have to get up early. Normally, to be to church by 8:00 a.m. to play prelude music, I would have to wake up at 6:30 so I could shower, blow-dry and style my hair, put on make-up and eat breakfast before heading out. But when the hair factor is gone, I can get up at 7:20 and still have time to spare. Now, that's what I'm talking about. I am not a morning person, so every extra minute (or hour) makes me a happier gal in the long run.

So, Day 3 is better than Day 2, but only because I put my hair up. Otherwise, I think I'd be singing a different tune. Like maybe the tune of the funeral march. But ponytails make everything better.

As a side note, I got contact lenses yesterday. It's my first time ever using them, and so far, I like them. I can only wear them for four hours at this point (eventually, I will work my way up to eight). I did notice my eyes starting to strain a little at the end of today's four-hour block. Something weird I noticed: my eyes take longer to adjust from looking at distance objects to looking at close-up objects. Is that normal? I have no idea. I hope it goes away eventually. Glasses are fun, but contacts are really nice!

3 comments:

  1. Cute Jenna! I'm not sure about the contacts thing, maybe your eyes have to get use to them? hmm.

    Don't worry, greasy hair isn't that bad, and there's always smelly hair stuff you can spray right? It'll all be worth it in the end, don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only noticed a difficulty focusing when I switch back and forth between my glasses and contacts, and only at the very first. Your eyes just have to get used to the distance at which they focus, I would suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of your blonde hair! I wish I had some authentic blonde hair some days.


    Another thing... I heard washing your hair with hot water was bad for it, and you're supposed to use cold water for shine and such (?).

    I'm also really tempted to join the no-poo thing. I think I could do it...

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.