Monday, November 22, 2010

My favorite Thanksgiving ... side?

I'm not really sure what to call my favorite Thanksgiving dish, because it's not really a side but more like a dessert. However, most people have pie for dessert for Thanksgiving, and this is not a pie.

But it's delicious, anyway. So I'm making it.

(Besides, I don't really like pie, anyway. At least, not the crust. Don't hate me.)

I made Our Best Bites' (love those ladies!) candied coconut-topped sweet potatoes last year for my family's Thanksgiving feast and they got rave reviews. My Granny was particularly fond of them and even mentioned them a few times during her final days on earth. Yes, she thought of them even on her deathbed. They are just that good.

So, if you want to impress everyone at dinner, whip up these babies. Just don't tell anyone what's in them, especially if they're on a diet.

And before you start whining, "But there aren't any marshmallows!!", trust me ... they don't need them.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Show your gratitude by doing good.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, might just have to try that recipe. Thanks and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds really yummy. happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.