Friday, December 21, 2012

A Christmas good deed opportunity.

I have a friend named Jessica. She is one of my dearest friends and I know she would do just about anything for me. I can always count on her. For instance, when my uncle Michael passed away in October, she babysat Buckwheat for me so I could attend the funeral services. And when I was charged twice for an item at the local grocery store the day before Thanksgiving and didn't want to go back to the store to brave the crowds with my two kids AGAIN, she went with me and watched the kids so I could get my refund quickly. And just a few weeks ago, Buckwheat, Jessica and I were at the Dollar Tree when Buckwheat expressed he wanted a bag of popcorn. I wasn't planning to get any but before I could even say "no," Jessica selflessly bought it for him.

These are just a few of the countless ... COUNTLESS acts of service she has done for me and my family, and I have witnessed her example of selfless charity toward many others, too. Jessica is the embodiment of what this Christmas season is all about.

So when Jessica found out last week her husband's brother Joe had unexpectedly passed away due to kidney failure, I knew I had to do whatever I could do to help her out. Especially because Jessica's husband was Joe's power of attorney at the end of his life and has been given the responsibility of making burial and funeral arrangements. Heavy stuff for anyone, but especially for the parents of two young children during the holidays.

Joe Stanley

Joe was a great man who was loved by many. Jessica called him a "giant of a man" when we talked about his tragic death. His family adored him, as you can tell by this picture:


Because he was not married and did not have life insurance, Joe's family is having a difficult time raising funds to provide a proper funeral service for him. So ... this is where you come in. Remember last year, how you raised over $700 for my friend Stacy as she battled cancer? I have seen what my readers are capable of and I know you can help this wonderful family out. I pray that you will find it within your hearts to do so.

I urge you to donate whatever you can to the Joe Stanley Memorial Fund. Any amount will help! Jessica and her husband have set this account up through Desert Schools Credit Union. Here is the information you need.

Joe C. Stanley Memorial Fund
Routing and Transit #: 122187238
Account #: 6000167231

Just give this information to your personal bank via phone or in person and they will transfer the amount you wish to send to Joe's memorial account. All proceeds will go to cover the burial and funeral expenses.


It's not too late to help a struggling family out this Christmas. And if you can't donate (which I completely understand), please share this blog post with your friends and family as well as through social media. A little can go a long way!

Thank you for your support. And remember to hug your loved ones a little tighter today. You never know when they'll suddenly be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.