Thursday, March 11, 2010

Looks like we're moving along!

I had my 37-week doctor's appointment yesterday. It went well (except for the cringe-inducing cervix check. Never fails to KILL me). The doctor said I am already two centimeters dilated. Only eight more to go, I guess! This was good news because with Bubsy, it took me forever to make any progress whatsoever.

The doctor also did an ultrasound to check my previous C-section scar. He said it looks fine. And baby is measuring right on target. So we're game for a VBAC! Now, we wait.

In other (sad) news, I am about to lose my first grandparent. Yes, I made it nearly 23 years without losing a single grandparent. And sadly, it's the grandparent I never expected to go first -- my dear Granny. She has cancer throughout her body and in her brain, and she has decided to go into hospice care. It's been hard to cope with the impending loss, but I also hate to see her suffer. So it's a bittersweet time for my family and me.

Granny and I used to have sleepovers pretty often. It was the highlight of my week as a kid -- Friday night, Granny would drive to my house and pick me up, my pillow and a change of clothes in tow. She'd often buy me a new coloring book and crayons (she loves the smell of fresh, new Crayolas) and we'd spend all night giggling about nonsense in her bed. Then, in the morning, she'd take me to breakfast and then drive me home. I always had the best time at Granny's. And (shhh!) I am pretty dang sure I'm her favorite grandchild. ;)

I am really going to miss her.

Between this loss of life and the new life about to join our family, I am going to be a little sidetracked. I apologize if my blog suffers for it. I will try to write as much as time (and my emotions) permit. And I will be sure to post when The Smush makes his grand debut. Don't you even worry. I'm sure you are all dying to see him. I hope he comes out with an Elvis hair-do. Don't you think that'd be fun?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Granny. Sorry you are going to lose her.

    And yes I think we will all understand that you are going to be just a little bit busy in the next little while :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your Granny. On an unrelated note, the cervix check was worse than the actual labor and delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your Granny, sounds like you have some awesome memories to hold onto though. Aren't you so glad we have the Gospel and know it's not really good-bye per se, but more like a "see you later?"

    Woohoo for 2 cm!!! Thats awesome that you can do a VBAC, hope it all goes well and happens SOON! You look FABULOUS, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.