Monday, April 25, 2011

It's all too sweet.

Whew, what a weekend. Way too much sugar, if I do say so myself. Our Easter was fantastic; how was yours? My mom put on a simple yet scrumptious ham dinner. The weather was surprisingly beautiful, so we went to the park, had an egg hunt, and Bubby flew her first kite. An Ariel kite, of course. She did a great job and didn't even fly it into any trees. Baby Guy crawled around in the grass and ate leaves. Different strokes for different folks.

Back to the sugar. It started when Dill randomly decided to make crème brûlée on Saturday (yes, my husband makes crème brûlée, and he's practically a pro at it now). He made five ramekins' worth and we had no choice but to eat one each that night ("They'll go bad in the next few days," he said). Earlier that day, I sang in a church function that was followed by a brunch which, of course, included delicious sweets made by the culinary students at EVIT. Later, we had a neighborhood egg hunt and one of the hostesses made a batch of DEE-LICIOUS cupcakes which I could not help but devour. Throw in a basket full of mini Twix and Snickers, Starburst jellybeans and Easter-themed Swedish fish + Peeps + brownies + a full-sized Symphony bar ... we're bursting at the seams here, people. Please, no one bring us sugar for at least a week!

Anyway, here are my kids with their little Easter buckets.

Rubber ducky, Peeps, two board books, candy-filled eggs
Peeps, chocolate bunny, candy eggs, Dora watercolor book
 And in other news, Smush got his first BIG BOY HAIRCUT yesterday, courtesy of his Pa (my dad).

 Who said this kid was allowed to grow up?

It really ended up being a perfect Easter. I love this time of year when I get to reflect on my Savior's love for all of us, His great sacrifice and the miracle of His resurrection.

How are you all doing on the first Live Your Best challenge? I still haven't completed it; I've got a plan, now it's time to execute it. You have until Wednesday when I will reveal the next challenge! It's gonna be good so get ready.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you talk about your kiddos :)

    I feel you on the sugar, I made cupcakes and eat half the batch then devoured another few delicious cupcakes made by a friend!

    Happy Easter Jenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it. Today it was such a relief to put all the candy away!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.