Monday, December 3, 2012

I sang my little heart out.

Saturday was an amazingly insane (or insanely amazing) day as I performed in THREE concerts with the East Valley Mormon Choral Organization, more succinctly known as EVMCO. I had been preparing all week for this marathon of concerts by drinking gallons of water, taking naps and trying not to freak out. In between shows I shut my mouth, sat my butt down and only put on my heels when I was about to walk on stage which helped tremendously. I felt really great afterward and even had the will to go to Denny's with my sister-in-law, Meg for some pie at 10:30 at night.

My best friend in the world, Monique (who you may remember from this post) and her husband came to see the 2 pm show and took some really great Instagrams which I will now share. Behold:


The fabulous Ikeda Theater at the Mesa Arts Center. LOVE the set!
(Monique's husband Mike lovingly referred to it as the "Mormon Center." It definitely was on Saturday!)



Mom, me and Moni. Instagram and 100 pounds of make-up make me look awesome!

Speaking of make-up, I got TONS of compliments on my red lips. The secret: E.L.F.'s Matte Lipstick Pen in Riach Red. For $1 at Target. It's awesome and so easy to use, thanks to the pen applicator. If you're wondering about the consistency, I'd say it's like a lipstick/stain hybrid. Not dry but not glossy either. I highly recommend it. And if you don't end up liking it, well, it only cost 100 pennies so I think you'll be able to live with yourself if you only use it once. ;)

Anyway, the repertoire for this concert was fantastic and I left totally high on adrenaline and life. I love this season, and what a perfect way to start it by singing of my dear Savior's birth. I am so thankful to be part of this group with such talented people.

If you missed it or you went but can't get enough of MCO Christmas music, head over to iTunes and download our debut Christmas album, "O Holy Night," right now! The coolest part about the album is Orange County MCO director Brett Stewart arranged every single song and they are all STUNNING. Go take a listen!

And THANK YOU to all who attended the show. Love your faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.