Tuesday, August 20, 2013

You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul.

The first time I ever heard the beautiful and haunting song "Jar of Hearts," I thought Christina Perri was saying, "You're gonna catch a cold/From the EYES inside your soul. It freaked me out a bit. I quickly learned I had completely misheard the lyric and thank goodness. A big ol' jar of human organs is gruesome enough. (But I have to admit the morbidly curious gal inside me loves it.)

Anyway, my sisters and I love this song so much, we downloaded a minus track from iTunes and arranged the song for three-part harmony. And then we decided to take it a step further and record our arrangement at my uncle's studio in Mesa last week. I took some pictures of the event and included them in the video of this song, which you can now enjoy. And really, just enjoy it. We're not the Backstreet Boys or anything, but we do enjoy singing together. Although, I'm pretty sure our mom thinks we're better than BSB, and as you know Mom's opinion is the only one that matters.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Jenna! Seriously beautiful! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so blessed to have such talented daughters! You guys rock! A big thank you to Brian Stewart for his talents in recording you all. And yes, you are better than BSB! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN! Did you guys love singin' in a real recording studio? I've always wanted to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! It's a blast. It's been fun to have a recording studio in the family for the past 14 years!

      Delete
  4. Holy CRAP!!! So pretty!! And I'm extremely jealous of your skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was amazing Jenna! All four of you sound just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm why aren't you guys famous? That was beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! You ladies are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was really pretty! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Good to see you blogging again too. yay!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.