Thursday, April 16, 2009

Long week + BLOG AWARDS!

Hello. This has been the longest week of my life so far. And it's not even close to being over.

Eleven hours Wednesday.

Ten hours today.

Ten more tomorrow.

It's been fun, though. I'm trying to soak it all in before graduation, which is ONE WEEK AWAY. Can you believe it? I can't. When I began this journey, I was excited. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. I was going to do it ALL -- be the star intern with an immaculate house, happy baby and husband, and energy to spare.

Oh, boy. Mom the Intern today would now like to slap Mom the Intern of January 20th.

Well, come to think of it, it's probably a good thing I went into this with such a positive attitude. I may not have survived to this point without it.

But let's be honest -- my house is just short of a blasting zone, my husband is sad because I go to bed at 9:00, my baby goes to bed when I get home so we don't play as much as we should, and my body...my body is mad at me. It feels like I always have a headache! I stare at a computer all day. My back hurts from crappy office chairs. My knee hurts from driving so much. My car hates me, too. I miss sleeping in. I'm flat-out POOPED.

I can't say I haven't loved it, though. I don't think I would have had such grand adventures if I hadn't done this internship -- nay, if I hadn't gone to college. But that's another post for another day.


Now, it's AWARD TIME!

Recently, Jennifer at Baby Makin(g) Machine gave me this award for my blogging efforts. I was flattered! Thank you, girl! I wish my blog was half the blog yours is.

Now, as a condition of the award (an acceptance speech of sorts), I am supposed to make a list of seven things I love and bestow the award to seven other bloggers.

1) My sweet husband

2) My sweet Bubby girl

3) Arizona

4) Writing

5) Shopping

6) The temple

7) The scent of orange blossoms

And now, for the seven winners of the Kreativ Blog Award!

1. Elise - "The News Goes On 24 Hours A Day": Elise and I go back to high school. I love her wit and honesty. She's hilarious! Plus she has a pretty wicked playlist on her blog, which I sometimes leave open for hours just to hear it. Love me some Jason Mraz.

2. Kate - "The Domestic Goddess and Co.": Kate chronicles life as a fabulous hair dresser. She lives in Utah with her two daughters and dashing husband.

3. Austin - "A Mild Snafusis": The lone male recipient. I always have to read what Austin is saying about life at BYU, the latest in technology and random happenings. It's really a mixed bag, a delightful potpurri of blog topics. I'm afraid that sounded much too girly for a man's blog...

4. Megs - "{insert clever title here}": Another high school chicka. She is the most fashion-forward woman in Provo. She loves life and has fun always. She and her hubby Andrew are really living the dream!

5. Jessica - "The Belnap Family": Jessica and I were next-door neighbors as wee children. We had so much fun together, mostly because she is adorably funny and honest. Jessica is currently living as an icicle in Rexburg, Idaho.

6. Jessica - "Daily Ramblings": Another Jessica, but a different Jessica. She is a producer in Salt Lake and a fellow BYU Comms grad. And she's expecting (or should I say, unexpectedly expecting) her first baby! I really enjoy following her pregnancy adventures.

7. Monique - "An Organized Wife for an Organized Life": Monique really has her stuff together. She loves social networking and loves to blog. And I love her.

If you didn't win, don't be sad! Even Angelina Jolie loses sometimes. You can't have it all. But it doesn't mean I love you any less!

Edited to add: Karissa - No, I did not get to pet any zoo animals. And for that, I am grateful. Why? Because although they looked cute and cuddly, they were undoubtedly WILD. And I rather like my limbs.

6 comments:

  1. I FEEL SO HONORED RIGHT NOW, ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. thank you my lovely, lovely friend. i aspire to be everything you are. a WONDERFUL housewife and working woman!!! you GO GIRL.

    now lets see how i handle "college" life come fall 2009. i hope i graduate someday like you! i am just so proud of you! LOVESSSS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so honored! You just made my evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna,

    Congrats on your award! You deserve it! I'm so proud of you and everything you have done and got going for you in your life. I'm proud to call you my best friend! Thank you so much for the recognition, I really appreciate it, and glad that you do not think that I'm boring like my brother-in-law says I am!

    Another congrats is in order since you will be graduating soon! Awesome!

    We must go to IN-N-OUT to celebrate!

    Much love to my twin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also needed to add that I always enjoy your posts. You really do know how to keep the reader interested! You're a gifted writer, and I think you should keep at this. Go get 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An award!! For me??? Haha thanks Jenna! You deserve way more awards than I do because you are kicking A and taking names. Way to go on finishing that internship and becomming a college graduate! I'm just a lowly beauty school grad. ;)

    I also thought that you should know my word verification word right now is FARTH. What the hell man.

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.