Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ad nauseum.

Man, pregnancy is kicking my trash. I really hate to complain, because I know so many people who'd give their arms and legs and all their worldly possessions to have children. And I hurt for them. It's truly unfair sometimes, the people who do get to be parents and the people who don't. It's one of the first things I'm going to discuss with God when I get to the other side.

But I digress. It's no secret that pregnancy is usually hard (I say "usually" to account for those lucky chicks who have easy pregnancies). And I've been a good sport so far. I've tried to be extra-grateful for the good days and have kept my complaints to a minimum. And I am willing to acknowledge that overall, this time around hasn't been nearly as bad as my first pregnancy.

But still: I hate throwing up! And who doesn't? Who could possibly enjoy such a disgusting, painful act of nature? Seriously, can you imagine someone out there who's like, "Oh man, I just looooooove when my burning stomach acid is randomly forced upward through my esophagus and out my mouth, causing my eyes and nose to run and my body to convulse violently. LOVE it." Or, "I really can't get enough of the taste of bile! Mmmm-hmmmm! I'll have some on top of my pancakes, please."

Sorry if I just sent you to the toilet over that. I think I could have been a little less graphic. But now, you get the point. NO ONE LIKES PUKING! Although, I must admit, I usually feel better afterward.

So, today I am 10 weeks, 3 days pregnant. Considering that most pregnancies are 40 weeks long, that means I'm over 25% completed with the pregnancy! That's worth celebration, I think.

I'm not going to bother posting a belly picture because it's pretty much the same as last week. How about I post them on the odd-numbered weeks for a while? I think that's what I'll do. And you'll just have to be happy about it.

Dill got a new job with a new company (we'll just say he's definitely working for Corporate America, which is fine by me) so we're in between insurance at the moment (knock on wood). Soon, I should be able to enroll in a health plan and get a doctor. I am so excited to have the first appointment, and nervous, too. I just need to hear that little whoosh-whoosh heartbeat and I'll feel much better.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully that will go away soon. And yeah I don't think anyone likes throwing up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it goes away soon. I'm sorry you're feeling so sick!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.