Tuesday, August 24, 2010

La Chaise (la SHEZ).

That's how you say "the chair" in French. I remember that from 7th grade. Along with, "Gabi mange le reveille-matin," which means, "Gabi ate the alarm clock."

Don't ask.

But anyway, why am I talking about chairs? Oh yes. Because it's the 24th, which means The Smush is one month older (and wiser, too).



I can't remember if I told y'all or not, but as of July 30, he weighed 15 pounds 5.5 ounces and was a statuesque 27 inches long. We've already discussed his future and decided he will play volleyball for the BYU Cougars someday. Especially if he keeps up his growth rate. He's in the 90th percentile for his height!

Come to think of it, both of our kids are tall. Why? Have you seen us? We're not.

Life for The Smush is good. He started eating rice cereal recently, but he's not sure what to make of it yet. Some days, he slurps it right off the spoon like it's ice cream. Others, he spits it out and cries like it's ground-up rice.

He does like bananas, though. I found this out when last week, in desperation, I peeled one back and stuck it in his mouth to get him to stop crying. He definitely stopped crying and started sucking on it. Hard. Like it was the last banana he'd ever eat.

Meanwhile, Bubby got very excited and said, "Can we take turns?" She loves bananas, too.

Smush is a happy, easygoing baby. We all adore him.


Now, go tell everyone the new French phrase you learned today, and enjoy the quizzical looks you're going to get when you translate it for them.

3 comments:

  1. That bottom picture is so cute! The lighting is perfect. I have tall kids too...but my husband is 6'8".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post! Glad the infant will excel in sports! ~laughing~
    However, I just have to correct you for a moment...the know-it-all in me can't help herself...it's La chaise...
    there you go. Grade 7 teacher was wrong. that's all. Not your fault!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I can't get over how big he is getting!!

    Plus him and Bubby look just alike!!

    You have such pretty children!

    Oh, and thanks for the French lesson. I was just told today at college that I will need a foreign language. Think that will do? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.