Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Days past.

I'm sure you're all really busy gettin' your barbecue on and all that, but if you're stopping by for some Mom, the Intern goodness today, you're in for a treat -- PATRIOTIC PICTURE EXPLOSION! (and a pee test picture!)


This was me in 2006, about six months after Dill and I got married. Don't I look sassy? My family (there's by dad and sister in the background) came up to Utah to see us for the 4th. Good times, chillin' at the Harmon Building at BYU, watching the fireworks. We're too cheap for the actual Stadium of Fire.


Oh, here I am in 2007, about as big as a house. My huge baby belly somehow got cropped out of the picture. I remember it was so hot that day but we insisted on enjoying the Fourth, even though I was 6 months pregnant. We were unwise and thought it'd be fun to camp outside the Harmon Building until the fireworks started. We tried that for about 20 minutes and then decided to go home, eat Otter Pops and bask in our air conditioning until the sun went down. Much better plan.


The Fourth of July is so much more FUNNNNNNN when you have kids! This was 2008; Bubby was 9 months old (and sooooooo cute, in case you couldn't tell). I know she looks like a boy in these pictures, but she hated headbands and always immediately ripped them off her head. Here, we are at the Hinckley Alumni Center, which is a way better spot to free-ride off the Stadium of Fire show than the Harmon Building. Just in case you're a BYU student looking to bum off other people. It's all good.


In 2009, I was in Utah for my brother's wedding during Independence Day weekend, so I have no pictures of that occasion. I do, however, have the picture worth a million words, taken shortly thereafter.



Ah, 2010. The year of the Nursing Baby. We went to downtown Mesa for some free fireworks and other shenanigans. It was totally fun, but hot. As you expected, I'm sure. Well, I guess I should say it was fun, until Dill accidentally got Bubby's finger caught in the port-a-potty door. She still remembers it, poor thing.

What will 2011 bring? Stay tuned to find out! I predict sparklers, cheeseburgers and this apple crisp (I'm not really a pie person).

What are YOU doing for the 4th? Staying in, heading out, migrating to cooler climates? Trying any fun recipes, or sticking to your tried-and-trues? Spill!

2 comments:

  1. fun!! july 4th is one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! And Jenna, seriously, you are so cute (and photogenic!)

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.