Friday, August 1, 2014

Clara's digs.

When I found out I was having a girl, I immediately started scouring Pinterest for nursery decorating ideas. I'm a big fan of simplicity and cleanliness when it comes to decorating any space, but it seems especially appropriate for a new baby who needs calmness and peace.

Since we moved the big kids into the same room and needed to redecorate their room in a gender-neutral theme, I knew I wouldn't have the money for a total nursery overhaul, too. I planned to use all the baby furniture we already had, but I also wanted to freshen it up a little for Clara. I gave myself a small budget and went to town. Here's the finished product:


Old: Crib, glider, IKEA Lack side table (white), celadon green curtains (from Audrey's room), floral print rug

New:
Crib sheet and dust ruffle, handmade quilts from friends (hanging on glider and crib), IKEA frame, pink glittery C monogram (Hobby Lobby), IKEA framed artwork, glittery curtain ties (I made them myself!)

Here's a view of the other side of the room. As you can see, I moved quite a few items over from Audrey's old room since she and Carson now share a more gender-neutral room.



Old: Changing table/dresser combo, framed temple drawing from Pics-O-Andrea, silk tulips, Ikea flower lamp, IKEA small table lamp

New: Pink minky dot changing pad cover, IKEA Roman numeral clock

I chose to mix shades of green and pink with various patterns and mediums to make her room interesting. I also added a little sparkle this time -- in the form of glitter, of course.






I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I love going into Clara's room and I feel like it suits her personality so perfectly. Easy-going and cheerful, just like my sweet babe.

3 comments:

  1. It's darling! You're such a sweet mom! We need to have a chat some day. I have so many questions for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! I'm in love with that changing table!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.