Tuesday, June 2, 2009

If you don't hear from me in a while, I probably died.


Well, whattaya know? It's my blog in the background.

It all began on Sunday. I woke up and had that familiar feeling on my face, just below my bottom lip. A zit would soon be making its debut, and judging by the amount of pain it was causing, it would be huge.

The day waxed on and by nightfall, there was a sizable bump there. And it hurt. Alas, this was going to be a big one.

Monday (yesterday), to my surprise, Mr. Zit hadn't really gotten bigger, but the area around him was swollen and extremely sensitive to touch. Even talking hurt (which is unfortunate when you talk as much as I do). The pain radiated down to my jawline. The area was swollen, the skin stretched thinly.

I'd never had a zit quite like this one...

I admit, when something like this happens to me, I tend to take matters into my own hands. So that's what I did. I went into the bathroom, pulled out my sewing kit, sterilized a needle and popped a hole in the sucker. I fully expected a gallon of pus to come gushing out. A few drops of blood trickled out, followed by clear fluid. I squeezed it for 5 minutes before I couldn't handle the pain any longer. This was no ordinary zit, I determined. Besides being huge, it was causing way too much pain.

I slapped a Band-Aid on it and went on with my day.

This morning, when I woke up, my entire throat was swollen, along with my jaw and the area around the zit (which I am not sure is a zit anymore).


Check that thing out. Yucky.

What could it be? I don't know. A bug bite? Probably. Or maybe it is a heinous zit from hell. We'll find out when I go to the doctor today at 2.

It doesn't help that Dill found out last week he has skin cancer on his nose.

So, maybe I was bitten by a deadly insect, or maybe I have skin cancer. Either way, it appears I am in grave danger.

I'll keep you posted. That is, if I survive.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear!! This is concerning... get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say it's some kind of a papule (a form of acne). Ya shouldn't have squeezed it. It generally does no good and you get nothing out except clear fluid and a bigger spot. I get them too and I'm 46. Darn things!

    Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.