Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My review of Star Trek Into Darkness.

We saw the new Star Trek installment over the weekend. This is what I thought of it:




This super-fine dude, Captain Kirk ...



... plus this super-smart dude, Mr. Spock ...



... plus this extra-creepy dude, John Harrison ...

=

One. Awesome. Movie.

I will say, it was very long but never boring -- intense the entire 2 1/2 hours. Too intense for me at times (I walked out with a bit of a headache). But it's goooood. Go see it. If you get motion sickness, sit towards the back of the theater. I think we were too close. The cinematography's a bit jerky at times. But seriously, if you think you won't cry during dudely movies, this one will change your mind. 'Cuz I sure cried like a baby. Speaking of which, don't bring your brand new baby to this one. The intense volume coupled with the flashy, jerky picture is sure to make him or her cry incessantly throughout. Don't ask how I know.

I'm off to the woods for the next four days ... gonna do this Girls' Camp thing again. I'm stoked to hang out with a bunch of teenagers but also a wee bit scared. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. We saw it yesterday and I agree it was fantastic. I had heard it rubbed some hard core fans the wrong way, but those people are always impossible to please.

    If anyone has any doubts about seeing this movie, don't worry about it and go see it! (But get a babysitter. I'm glad we did.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it last weekend (and we're going again tonight, which is amazing, since we go to the movies like once a year!) and thought it was fantastic! I'm a die-hard trekkie and only had 1-2 issues with it, so I don't know what those other trekkies are talking about! Glad you liked it enough to review it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband has seen in 2 times. me, zero times and it makes me sad. :( have fun at camp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVED it too!! I cried like a small child it was awesome hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I be creepy for a second and say I think I saw you? I thought it was you and then I'm like, "nah, what are the chances?"... and then I see this blog post. So yeah, I totally saw you at Harkins 25.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh!!! You should have come up and said hi to me! That's awesome.

      Delete
  6. Loved it! Bawled twice, only embarrassed the husband once. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I'm DYING to see this! We've only been to 1 movie since we had our baby. It sounds like this is the next one we need to see!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.