Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Random thoughts, part i-don't-even-know.

Tomorrow is our last day of swimming lessons with the fantastic Ms. Rolayne. You might remember her from here and here. She's the best. At 5 years old, Bubby can now swim any distance because Rolayne taught her how to stroke and breathe like nobody's business. Way to go, Bubs! The other day, we went to the pool at the local high school and homegirl even jumped off the diving board. I was shocked, to say the least, because I couldn't even swim until I was about 8 and I don't think I even attempted the diving board until I was 10. That's because I'm a big, feathery ... well, this video explains it better than I can.



Buckwheat had forgotten nearly everything he learned from last year (which wasn't entirely a waste because hey, he's still alive!). He basically started from Square One this time, but guess what? He no longer screams like a banshee during his lessons and swims willingly when prompted. Hurrah! Next year will be better, I'm thinking.

As for the clip above, I have to confess I'm disappointed in the new episodes of Arrested Development on Netflix. They just aren't funny, people. Amusing, sure. But not funny. I have only chuckled out loud a handful of times and I'm about half-way through them. This is a far-cry from my past reactions to Arrested Development which included actual tears of laughter and having to pause the show to avoid missing any crucial dialogue while I nearly peed my pants. Maybe we should've left well-enough alone. I'm sure I'll finish it out, but I'd rather be watching Freaks and Geeks. Now, THAT is some quality entertainment.



Golden.

Welp, Dill just walked in from work and informed me he thinks he has strep throat for the third time since Mothers' Day. Twice was a sick coincidence, but now I'm legitimately worried. I see a tonsillectomy in someone's future ... and it ain't gonna be mine.

3 comments:

  1. Rolayne is awesome! This is our first year with her and she has taught Macee so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaks and Geeks is one of the best shows EVER. I firmly believe it had to be too smart for the masses since it got cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian and I feel the same about Arrested D. We're also only half way through it, but will continue watching to the end. But the ending better rock my world! I guess I'll have to start watching Freaks and Geeks.

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.