Friday, April 4, 2014

Easter round-up.

So, I'm in the final throes of baby-baking and what do you know, Easter falls just one week before my due date this year. If I remember correctly, I had Carson a little over a week before Easter four years ago. And Audrey's birthday is a mere 20 days before Halloween. I'm a boss at this whole planning-babies-around-holidays thing, basically.

If you're like me and haven't actually thought of Easter yet this year (except for to purchase copious amounts of Cadbury Mini Eggs, of course), I have some last-minute ideas that might make you feel a little more festive and less like a Resurrection Day slacker. I warn you, though, they're all just links to other things. So I'm a slacker, too.

Resurrection Eggs Lesson Kit. My mom actually made one of these for me; I can't even take credit for this one. But, I did put together a handy printable for you so you can make your own if you're feeling ambitious! The supplies are fairly easy to come by and assembling a kit doesn't even require a glue gun, much less a sewing machine. In other words, it's Jenna-tested and Jenna-approved crafting.

Easter Printable. This one is a little easier than the first option ... just print, trim and frame. Now you're ready for Easter. You're welcome.


This spectacular video, "He Is Risen." I love me some MoTab and anything arranged by Mack Wilberg is a guaranteed hit in my book. Watch and enjoy!



And BY THE WAY ... the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is performing Handel's Messiah in its entirety on Easter weekend, and you can watch it even if you don't live in Utah. More info here. Please watch it ... Messiah is arguably the most inspired and ingenious musical work in all of history and MoTab is amazing, so it's essentially going to blow your mind. I will definitely be tuning in!

One last thing ... if you want to hear even more MoTab and also learn more about what this "crazy" Mormon girl (that's me!) believes, feel free to stream the semi-annual broadcast of the LDS General Conference. You can find it here, starting tomorrow at 9 AM (10 AM MDT). After last week's inspiring Women's Meeting, I'm really looking forward to what's in store. Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.