Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Golden state fun, part II.

It wouldn't be a legit California trip without a few days at Disneyland, amiright? I'm right. So, after three-point-five days in Santa Barbara (where I vowed I would return to live at some point in life, or maybe I'll just be buried there when I die), we took a little jaunt down the 101 to Anaheim. We immediately went to Downtown Disney where Audrey got to spend her birthday present from Dill's parents -- $25 Disney dollars! Pretty sweet deal.

That night, we headed to Santa Ana to stay with Dill's mother's best friend, Terry Lynn. Boy, was that a TREAT. She and her husband have a gorgeous home in the Santa Ana hills. They were amazing hosts, giving us two bedrooms to use (including a Pack-n-Play) and full use of their extra refrigerator. I can't tell you how grateful we were not to have to pay for a hotel at any point in this trip. What a blessing! Plus it's way more fun to stay with friends and family. And handy when you fall into the ocean and need to dry your shirt and pants in their dryer. Not that I would know anything about that.

We'd been told it saves quite a bit of money to do two single-park passes rather than two park hoppers, so that's what we did. The first day was all about the Magic Kingdom. It was superb but it was HOT. Dill's mom texted me at some point to tell me it was 96 degrees at Disneyland and 90 in Phoenix. I believe it. I thought Bubby and I were going to die waiting in the hour-long line for Rapunzel in the blistering sun. But we survived.

Anyway, enough talking about it -- let's see some PICTURES!






On the best ride of all time, "it's a small world." Especially when it's fracking hot.



Later in the day, Dill's sister Rebecca and her husband Walter took the kids so we could have some grown-up fun. And by that, I mean ride Star Tours and Space Mountain. What did you think? Come on; we're Mormons. We don't do kinky stuff at Disneyland!

Anyway, Rebecca and Walter had the camera so they took some awesome pics of their adventures, which included a parade and the tea cups. I don't do the tea cups. Blech. But my kids happen to love it, so on they went.


Now, let me tell you about the horrific nature of Space Mountain during Halloween time. As if it isn't terrifying enough on its own during the rest of the year, they add "Ghost Galaxy" to the name, put these giant flaming skeleton demons all over the ride and change the music to some freaky ode to death and horror. All I know is, I somehow survived it but suffered a massive headache for the rest of the day.  So basically, unless you're into that kind of thing, DON'T RIDE SPACE MOUNTAIN: GHOST GALAXY. And don't say I didn't warn you.

To end the day (and calm my nerves after that hideous ride), we had a famous Dole Whip and took a picture in front of the giant Mickey pumpkin.



And then we went straight to BED.

3 comments:

  1. HOLY COW!! I was there Oct 10 thru the 12th. I am SO with you on that Space Mtn ride! I did NOT like that addition and poor Rachel was terrified. It was much cooler when we were there. But, I have to tell you I saw a ton of ASU and U of A gear. Small world is a great one, nice and cool and long. My boys loved that one, especially Austin. Eli eventually plugged his ears LOL. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun!!! looks like everyone had a great time! glad you survived the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tommy has that Mickey Mouse shirt. I love it, it's so nice and soft :) Anyway, awesome trip. I think we will go to Disneyland next summer...you sure look like you had a grand time!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.