Monday, December 30, 2013

This year ...

The year 2013 came with its ups and downs, but mostly heavy on the ups (thank goodness). Dill and I were talking the other night and agreed we want 2014 to go down in a similar fashion. Here's what we were up to over the past 365 days:

In January, I became a redhead and then Dill and I ditched frigid record low temps and went on a Caribbean cruise. It was hands-down my favorite vacation ever. I cannot recommend it enough! I often recall how relaxed I felt during the whole thing. Ahhhhhhh ...


In March, I went to Dallas to sing with Millennial Choirs and Orchestras for the American Choral Directors Association national conference. The performance of a lifetime!


Dill also hit the big 3-0, and Carson hit the big 3.



In April, I turned 26. Which is not nearly as exciting as turning 30 or 3, but it was fun nonetheless.


In May, I went to Girls' Camp with the young women in my church congregation and attended my best-friend-forever's college graduation as well as Audrey's Kindergarten graduation.



My little sister Mariah graduated, too. From high school. Go Hawks!



At the end of May, Dill's grandfather Papos passed away from a long battle with MDS. We all miss him so much.

Papos holding baby Carson back in 2010.

In June, I drank nothing but vegetable and fruit juice for six days.



Not only did I survive, but I cured my acid reflux AND ...



... got healthy enough to get pregnant with Baby #3!

In August, my firstborn started 1st grade ...



I recorded a song with my sisters ...



... and I went to Idaho with my dad for my cousin Tyler's wedding!



(I also got bangs. It was a busy month.)

In September, I was too pukey from pregnancy to think or do much, but I did receive a calling to serve as the Young Women's president in my new congregation. I love working with the girls in my ward. They are all so talented, smart and fun.

Dill was also promoted to team lead at work. It's basically an assistant manager position (let the Dwight Schrute jokes commence). It keeps him very busy, but he loves what he's doing these days. Way to go, babe!

In October, Dill and I celebrated nine years of togetherness (we met on October 8, 2004) with an overnight staycation. Grammy watched the kids for us. We stayed at the Mesa Riverview Hyatt, rode the paddle boats at Tempe Towne Lake, ate at The Melting Pot and shopped at Scottsdale Fashion Square. It was definitely as amazing as it sounds.

We also dressed up and collected candy for Halloween.



In November, we found out that baby #3 is a ...



And I cut my hair off.



In December, we celebrated our third Christmas in our home. And what a lovely Christmas it was. Next year, there will be another little cutie in the mandatory Christmas clothes picture.



And finally, today, Dill and I are celebrating eight crazy, happy, insane, exciting and blessed years of marriage. I can't imagine life being any better!



What were some of your 2013 highlights?

3 comments:

  1. It makes me really happy to see you so happy and fulfilled. I'm so glad we became friends all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad we are friends, too! Love ya Siovhan!!!

      Delete
  2. It's been an awesome year. I look forward to 2014 with you!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.