Monday, May 16, 2011

In which The Smush shows off his skillz.


I know, it's a shameless video of my kid. But in it, he's doing what I never thought he'd do. Ever. So please, humor me and watch it. And the strange object in his hand? The bait toy. If you've ever taught a kid to walk, you know exactly what I'm talking about. And if you haven't, you can probably infer as much.

And sorry he's not wearing any pants. I know that bugs some people, babies not wearing pants. I, for one, like when his chunky legs are exposed so I can squeeze them whenever I feel like it. And while doing so, I sing a little song that goes, "Chonky wegs, chonky chonky!"


Oh yes, Internet. I just admitted that.

So, on Wednesday, we lovebirds, meaning the Dillster and I, are gettin' outta here. Taking a six-hour flight across the U.S. of A. Going to a wedding and lots of monuments and museums, including this one which I am particularly stoked about. I mean, hello, a whole museum dedicated to the very subject I majored in. Winning!

I'm kind of nervous for this adventure, though. Confession: I've never been separated from my kids for very long. Like, I believe in babysitters, no denying it, but ... overnight is a different story. Bubby's slept in a different place only a handful of times. Smush never has. So. It could be interesting. Mom, I know you're reading this, so I'll just say, Buena suerte! Hopefully you haven't forgotten what tantrums are like.

Hope you miss me lots, Internet. You'll be rewarded with a whole slew of pictures when I return!

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that video is so cute! And babies without pants on is totally okay in my books and not weird at all...I mean come on guys, they're babies.
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of my so-wise mother, "There's nothing wrong with a naked pair of underage cheeks." I think the sentiment holds for thighs as well. I'm so excited for your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you going? Newseum? I'm soooo jealous!! and of your livingroom.

    CONGRATS SMUSH ON WALKING!! Lil' J just started standing a few seconds today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that is so sweet! What a cutie! Have fun on your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback almost as much as I like food.